❘ publish it: 2022-10-28T16:08:20
❘ updated: 2022-10-28T16:08:34
To get the most out of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 with a high FPS and keep the new game looking good, you’ll want to adjust the graphics settings on your PC. Here are the best settings for MW2 PC players, with a quick explanation of each.
New PC games these days come with a laundry list of video settings, and while some are self-explanatory, you might be scratching your head as to what FidelityFX CAS is, for example.
Here are the definitive best settings for Modern Warfare 2 on PC to make sure you get smooth framerates no matter what GPU you have, keeping the game running as smoothly as possible while you play.
Best PC settings for maximum FPS in MW2
While we all love cool games, for a shooter like Modern Warfare 2, you want to make sure you’re getting the most out of your GPU for as many frames per second as possible, even if that’s at the expense of some shadows and reflections.
But some graphics settings can be beneficial from a gaming perspective at a higher setting, so you don’t want to turn everything to “low” and call it a day. Here are the best settings to use.
Display settings for MW2
- Display mode: Full screen exclusive – Best for reducing latency
- Display monitor: choose your own main screen with the highest refresh rate
- Screen Adapter: This is yours graphic card
- Screen refresh rate: For your monitor max (144hz, 240hz etc.)
- Screen Resolution: Set this 1080p – If you have a very high-end GPU, you can use 1440p, but 1080p will be better for FPS. 4K is not recommended as it will have a significant effect on FPS.
- Dynamic resolution: Off – this can change the resolution of the game at unexpected moments, which can attract attention
First, make sure your display settings are correct for your computer and monitor.
- Aspect Ratio: Auto (16:9)
- To play V-Sync: Off – Enabling V-Sync may cause increased latency
- V-Sync menu: Off
- Custom frame rate limit: personalized
- Custom gameplay frame rate limit: 300
- Custom Menu Frame Rate Limit: 90
- Custom frame rate limit without focus: 30
- Display gamma: 2.2 (sRGB)
- Shine: priority
- Focus mode: Off
- Quality expectations: personalized
- Rendering resolution: 100
- Enlargement / Sharpening: FidelityFX CAS
- FidelityFX CAS strength: 65 – This will make the game sharper without affecting the FPS at all.
- Anti-aliasing: SMAA T2X
- Anti-aliasing quality: normal – Establish this as well Low It will improve FPS a bit, but the improvement in Normal quality is probably worth it.
- Video memory scale: 90 – You want to use the maximum VRAM available.
These are the optimal MW2 settings for your graphics for maximum FPS.
- Texture Resolution: Low
- Anisotropic texture filter: discharge – FPS fine-tuned by this higher setting
- Approximate level of detail: Low
- Remote level of detail: Low
- Disorder draw distance: Short
- Particle quality: discharge – High may improve performance, it will almost never reduce FPS
- Particle Quality Level: Low
- Bullet impacts and sprays: good – Important for multiplayer gameplay
- Shade quality: Low
- Tessellation: Off
- Memory of the Earth: Max
- On-demand texture rendering: Off
- Broadcast quality: Low
- Volumetric quality: Low
- Deferred Quality in Physics: Low – It only affects water
- Caustic waters: Off – It only affects water
- Shadow map resolution: Low
- Shadow quality: Low
- Cache Spot Shadows: good
- Spot cache: Low
- Cache Sun Shadows: good
- Particle lighting: Low
- Peripheral occlusion: Off
- Screen space reflections: Off
- Quality of static reflection: Low
- Weather Network Volumes: Off
- Nvidia Reflex low latency: good – Significantly improves latency. If you are CPU bound, use the ON+BOOST option.
- Depth of Field: your priority
- World motion blur: Off
- Weapon Motion Blur: Off
- Movie issue: 0.00
- Field of view: 100–110 – That’s up to you, but around 100 should give the best balance between visibility and performance. Higher values also make it harder to see distant enemies.
- ADS Field of View: Affected
- Weapon sight: default
- 3rd person field of view: 80-100
- Vehicle field of view: default
- 1st person camera movement: At least (50%)
- 3rd person camera movement: At least (50%)
- 3. Person ADS Transition: Your preference
- Default audience camera: Your preference
These are the best settings for Modern Warfare 2 PC to maximize your FPS, good graphic fidelity and gameplay without any disadvantages.
Of course, one obvious way to increase your FPS is to get a more powerful graphics card, so check out our list of the best GPUs here. You should also make sure you have the latest graphics drivers installed.
MW2 also has a built-in benchmark tool that you can use to adjust your settings and then select a list of benchmarks to test the results.
For more on Modern Warfare 2, be sure to check out our other guides:
New Modern Warfare 2 Gear Guide: Lethals and Tacticals Explained | How to Slip in Modern Warfare 2 | How to Unlock Oni Operator & Blueprint in Modern Warfare 2 | All Modern Warfare 2 Killstreaks | What is Modern Warfare 2 Spec Ops Mode? | All the benefits of Modern Warfare 2 | All Modern Warfare 2 Field Upgrades