How to Change Surname and Address in PAN Card After Marriage – Step by Step Explained Here | Personal Finance News | Job Binary

New Delhi: Permanent Account Number (PAN) is a unique ten-digit alphanumeric number issued by the Income Tax Department. A laminated plastic card popularly known as PAN card is an important financial document.

PAN card can be used as a valid ID proof for several services. Meanwhile, if you are married and want to change your surname and address on your PAN card, you can do it online by paying a nominal fee.

NSDL mentions that as the name suggests Permanent Account Number (PAN) is a permanent number and does not change. Even if the address is changed, the Assessing Officer can be changed. Therefore, such changes should be communicated to the ITD so that the PAN database of the ITD can be updated. One can make intimate change in address by filling the form for request for new PAN card or/and for changes or correction in PAN data. This form can be submitted at any TIN-FC or online at NSDL e-Gov – TIN website.

Here is the step by step process on how to change surname and address in PAN card after marriage


Fill the application form and select changes or correction in PAN data.

Enter all the required details like your Name, Date of Birth, Gender, PAN Number, Mobile Number.

Feed in the captcha code

Now, click on ‘Submit’ button.

Charges for changing address or surname in PAN card

PAN card holders have to pay Rs 110 as fee for changing address or surname. But if the address they want to change is outside India, the required fee is Rs 1,020.

Once the PAN card holder pays the fee, they need to download and fill the PAN application form, duly signed form requires two passport size photographs. This application should be sent to Income Tax PAN Services Unit (maintained by NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited) at NSDL address.

Live TV

Source link