NEW DELHI: The Permanent Account Number (PAN) is a unique ten digit alphanumeric number issued by the Income Tax Department and is a very important financial document. The laminated plastic card issued by the IT department is known as PAN card.
But if you have somehow lost this important document, don’t worry. After submitting the FIR you can apply for a duplicate PAN card and download your e-PAN after completing the application process.
– Go to below link
– Select Acknowledgment Number or PAN
– Type your 10 digit alphanumeric PAN card number
– Give your Aadhaar number (Individuals only)
– Select date of birth / composition / composition
– GSTN number is optional
– Now tick the Aadhaar acceptance box
– Feed in captcha code and submit
– If it is through acknowledgment number, you may need to generate an OTP
– After that, click on ‘Download PDF’ option to download e-PAN instantly
The downloaded e-PAN card PDF is password protected. To access it, users have to enter their date of birth, which acts as a password.
This facility of downloading e-PAN is available to PAN holders whose latest application has been processed through NSDL e-Gov.
For PAN applications submitted to NSDL e-Gov where PAN has been fixed or changes have been confirmed by ITD within the last 30 days, the e-PAN card can be downloaded three times free of charge.
Charges applicable for download of e-PAN card is Rs.8.26/- (inclusive of taxes) if PAN is fixed / changes in PAN data are confirmed by ITD before 30 days.