opinions expressed by Entrepreneur contributors themselves.
You are reading Entrepreneur India, an international franchise of Entrepreneur Media.
IIFL Wealth in association with Hurun India has launched IIFL Wealth Hurun India Rich List 2022. According to the list, there are 1,103 individuals with a net worth of INR 1,000 crore, an increase of 96 over last year.
Some of the key findings of the report:
1. Gautam Adani and family increased their wealth by 15.4 times in 5 years, Vinod Shantilal Adani and family by 9.5 times, Shiv Nadar and family by 5 times, followed by Radhakishan Damani and family by 5 times. increased 3.8 times in five years.
2. Two new faces entered India’s top ten, led by Sun Pharmaceutical Industries’ Dilip Shanghvi (66) and Kotak Mahindra Bank’s Uday Kotak (63).
3. There are 12 people worth 1 lakh crore or more, down from 13 in last year’s IIFL Wealth Hurun Wealth India Rich List.
4. With 36 entrepreneurs, the pharmaceutical sector produced the highest number of dollar billionaires, followed by chemicals and petrochemicals (23) and software and services (21).
5. 602 people increased their wealth, 149 of them are new people.
6. A record number of 735 entrepreneurs, or 67%, are self-employed, which is up from 659 last year and 367 (54%) five years ago. 79% (117) of new pages this year were self-generated.
7. Nykaa founder Falguni Nayar (59) has become the richest Indian woman, overtaking ‘Queen of Biotech’ Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw (69).
8. Neha Narkhede, 37, founder of Confluent, a streaming data technology company, is India’s youngest female entrepreneur.
9. The list included 13 people born in the 90s, all self-made. Bengaluru-based Kaivalya Vohra, 19, is the youngest and youngest rich person of food delivery app Zepto.
10. With 283 people, Mumbai tops India’s rich list, followed by New Delhi (185) and Bengaluru (89).
11. The list included 14 professional managers. Californian Thomas Kurian (62) is the richest to have amassed his stake in Oracle with INR 12,100 crores; With INR 6,500 crores, Ignatius Navil Noronha (47) of Avenue Supermarts is the richest CEO in India.
12. With 376% growth, Ravi Modi of Vedant Fashions was the top earner this year, followed by Falguni Nayar and family (345%) and Rafique Abdul Malik and family of multi-brand footwear retailer Metro Brands (240%). chain.
13. Ratan Tata with 11.8 million followers on Twitter is the most followed businessman on Indian social media according to IIFL Wealth Hurun India Rich List 2022, followed by Anand Mahindra with 9.7 million followers.
14. The combined wealth of India’s Unicorn and Gazelle listers has increased by 35% to INR 3,14,000.
15. IIFL Wealth Hurun India Rich List 2022 includes 65 founders with 37 unicorns.
16. There are 149 new individuals with a total amount of INR 3,18,200; of which chemistry is the fastest growing field, with 20 new faces added.
17. Alkem Laboratories, Asian Paints and Pidilite Industries made the richest lists with 11, 10 and 7 people respectively.
18. There are 94 NRIs in the IIFL Wealth Hurun Indian Rich List 2022. 88% of them are self-made. With INR 169,000 crore, Vinod Shantilal of Adani and the Adani Group family is the richest NRI.
19. The list includes eight new entrants from the Fintech sector – CRED, Upstox and OneCard.
20. Interestingly, more than a quarter of the billionaires on the list, or 280, are second-generation entrepreneurs.